    }

    In particular, what does the "bit(8) tag = ContentClassTag" part mean??

    Arvind

    Arvind, Nov 29, 2006

  2. Arvind wrote:
    > A standards document I am reading defines a packet format using C++.

    Says who?

    > I would really appreciate it if any of you could tell me what the
    > meaning of the following syntax is?
    >
    > class ContentDesc extends OCI_desc : bit(8) tag =ContentClassTag{
    > bit 32 YY;
    > bit 16 XX ;
    > }
    >
    > In particular, what does the "bit(8) tag = ContentClassTag" part
    > mean??

    There is no such syntax in C++. You've been misled.

    Victor Bazarov, Nov 29, 2006

  3. Arvind

    Salt_Peter Guest

    Arvind wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > A standards document I am reading defines a packet format using C++. I
    > would really appreciate it if any of you could tell me what the meaning
    > of the following syntax is?
    >
    > class ContentDesc extends OCI_desc : bit(8) tag =ContentClassTag{
    > bit 32 YY;
    > bit 16 XX ;
    > }
    >
    > In particular, what does the "bit(8) tag = ContentClassTag" part mean??
    >

    > Arvind

    The above is not C++ in any shape or form. So whatever "standard" you
    are reading perhaps involves generating a packet format *for* C++
    (whatever that means). Perhaps consulting with the appropriate language
    in question might help.

    Salt_Peter, Nov 29, 2006
  4. "Arvind" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Hi,
    >
    > A standards document I am reading defines a packet format using C++. I
    > would really appreciate it if any of you could tell me what the meaning
    > of the following syntax is?
    >
    > class ContentDesc extends OCI_desc : bit(8) tag =ContentClassTag{
    > bit 32 YY;
    > bit 16 XX ;
    > }
    >
    > In particular, what does the "bit(8) tag = ContentClassTag" part mean??
    >

    > Arvind

    looks like Java, PHP or Flash

    Oliver Bleckmann, Nov 29, 2006