Question about using Request.BinaryRead()

Lau Lei Cheong

Hello,

I'm trying to build an application that will use
Request.BinaryRead() to save a number of uploads with progress display.
However, since there is little information on MSDN about this function, I
would like to seek some help here.

In the MSDN page, the function remark states that Request.Form[]
will fail once I used Request.BinaryRead(), so would it have effect on
objects like HtmlControls and Webcontrols, such as some properties cannot be
accessed? (In my page I have a dropdown selectbox, 30-40 input files plus a
submit button)

If I can use them without problem, I'll be appreciated to know that
do I need to do the BinaryRead before I access any of the objects?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Lau Lei Cheong

bruce barker

yes. if you do a BinaryRead, you have taken over the parsing of the
postdata. this means page processing will no see any viewstate, postback
data. so controls will not have their postback value or fire events.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)