Question about using several search criteria on a form

jm

Hi, I have a form that I need to search several with several items,
some together and some separate.

Say I have a date, lastname, and invoice and I want to search on any
of these individually. Do I create three sql data objects and key
each object to the correct control?

What if I want to use all three? Just create a fourth with all three
controls for the @variable?

Thanks for any help.

Guest

Hi, I have a form that I need to search several with several items,
some together and some separate.

Say I have a date, lastname, and invoice and I want to search on any
of these individually. Do I create three sql data objects and key
each object to the correct control?

What if I want to use all three? Just create a fourth with all three
controls for the @variable?

Thanks for any help.

You also can build a stored procedure to make a search according to
the @querytype and @queryvalue. And that stored procedure can be used
for all of your queries

jm

You also can build a stored procedure to make a search according to
the @querytype and @queryvalue. And that stored procedure can be used
for all of your queries

I did a search and didn't see any examples. Do you know a site?

jm

You also can build a stored procedure to make a search according to
the @querytype and @queryvalue. And that stored procedure can be used
for all of your queries

Are you saying that I send a parameter over something hidden I make
up that tells it what the querytype is?