Question About Visual Web Dev. 2005 Express

Brian

Hello,

I was just playing around with Visual Web Developer 2005 Express (still
using Web Matrix) and I added a few controls but I can't seem to code the
controls when I double click on one (I.E. the subroutine for a button). Is
that gone from ASP 2.0 or do I need to adjust the settings?

Thanks,
Brian

Brian

Yes...but when I double click, I it takes me to HTML and not the CODE
screen.

Suggestions?

Juan T. Llibre

Weird.

If there's a code-behind class for the page, it takes me to the code screen

Partial Class _Default
Inherits System.Web.UI.Page

Protected Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles
Button1.Click
' here
End Sub
End Class

It takes me directly to the "Button" dropdown,
and I can choose an event to write code for.

If there isn't a code-behind class, it takes me to the
<script language="XX" runat ="server %>
<script> section of the HTML.

If I double-click a button and there isn't a code-behind class, it takes me :
<script runat="server">
Protected Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs)
' here
End Sub
</script>

By clicking on the "Server Objects and Events" dropdown,
I can choose an event to write code for.

There's no "code screen" for inline aspx pages.

Brian

Well, maybe someone can answer this for me.

In Web Matrix, you open a single ASPX file and you double click on a control
and you are shown the subroutine code. At the bottom, you can switch between
that, Design and HTML or all.

In Visual Web Developer 2005 Express, if you are in a single ASPX file (not
a web site) it wont do that. It takes you to HTML. Why did this change?

I am a little new to this, so please forgive the ignorance.

Thanks,