Question: Can I make textarea larger (larger text)?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Peter Williams, Jun 3, 2005.

  1. Hi All,

    I have a simple html page (see below), which uses some javascript and
    contains a small textarea (4 rows by 5 cols). What I want to know is,
    is there a way of making the text in the textarea appear larger???

    Regards,
    Peter W. :)))
    Sandy Bay, Hobart, Tas, AU.

    (delete silly boy to reply via email).

    --- code follows ---

    <script language="JavaScript">
    <!-- Begin animation ---
    var frame_count=0;
    var nl="\r\n";

    function Animate()
    {
    document.animation.viewer.value = cartoon[frame_count];
    if (cartoon[++frame_count]==null) frame_count = 0;
    // Remove "//" from start next line to show it a frame at a
    time.
    // if(confirm('continue?'))
    setTimeout("Animate()", 200); // Change number here to change
    speed
    }

    var cartoon = new Array(
    " o \r\n"+
    "^|\\\r\n"+
    " /\\\r\n",

    " o \r\n"+
    "^|^\r\n"+
    " >\\\r\n" // more frames than this, obviously...
    );// ---- End animation script ----->
    </script>

    <head>
    <title>Untitled Document</title>
    </head>
    <BODY text=white bgcolor=black onload=Animate()>
    <FORM NAME=animation><center>
    <TEXTAREA NAME=viewer ROWS=4 COLS=5></TEXTAREA>
    </center></FORM>
    --- end code ---
    Peter Williams, Jun 3, 2005

  2. Peter Williams

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Using a pointed stick and some pebbles, Peter Williams scraped this into
    the dirt:

    > is there a way of making the text in the textarea appear larger???

    Yes. You can either add the attribute:

    style="font-size: 1.2em;"

    to the textarea element, substituting 1.2em for whatever number greater
    than 1 that you wish, or by adding:

    textarea {
    font-size: 1.2em;
    }

    to the <head> section of your page. Using the second method will make
    the text in *all* textareas larger, whereas using the former will only
    affect that one particular element.

    --
    Dylan Parry
    Dylan Parry, Jun 3, 2005