Question: converting a mapped drive letter to its real path name.

Ricky

My question:

If I have a mapped driver letter g: that referes to
\\servername\d\foldername

How do I get java to convert it from g: to the real path so I can use
it?

I have a script that allows someone to locate a file on the server,
but most will use there mapped drives as they know nothing better.
Although I've tried to standardize the drives, its difficult to
maintain all the time with so many users. So, when they find their
file on the network g:\thisFolder\thisFile.txt...I want the script to
convert it to \\servername\d\foldername\thisFolder\thisFile.txt. Any
help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

Lee

Ricky said:
My question:

If I have a mapped driver letter g: that referes to
\\servername\d\foldername

How do I get java to convert it from g: to the real path so I can use
it?

I think you're in the wrong newsgroup.
Java questions should go to comp.lang.java

Ricky

Javascript. <script> I have an intranet set up and I use a great
deal of javascript (utilizing activex), within hta's.

Lee

Ricky said:
Javascript. <script> I have an intranet set up and I use a great
deal of javascript (utilizing activex), within hta's.

I think you want to use the GetDrive() method of FileSystemObject,
and then look at the properties of the Drive object that it returns.
Maybe "volumeName". Check the on-line MSDN documentation.

This link seems to work, at the moment:
http://tinyurl.com/3sqts