QUESTION for a MICROSOFT guy here...

David Waz...

about another news group...
These news groups are always pleas for help...

How about a news group like:

Microsoft.Public.DotNet.Solutions.Framework.aspnet

or some other such structure... where people post actual solutions to
complex problems they have found that work. This group, and groups like it
will exist for Q/A, but a dedicated "Here is a solution I found to work"
type news group would be helpful.

$0.02
.... david ...

David Browne

David Waz... said:
you didn't address the real issue - the suggestion for a new group for
SOLVED problems
That would be a GREAT place to look for answers.

A question answered is a problem solved.

The real value of the newsgroups is not that you can have _your_ question
answered.
It's that someone else already had your question answered, and 99% of the
time you just need to find that answer.

Which is why NNTP wasn't very usefull until DejaNews and now Google Groops
turned it into the world's largest repository of solved problems.

David

Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT]

Hello David,

Thanks very much for your suggestion. We appreciate it very much. Currently the newsgroups is structured by products
and technologies. For now, to a specific technology related questions, we suggest you post it in the same group, whatever
solution relateds, troubleshooting related, how to related questions.

Also, you could send email to (e-mail address removed) for your suggestion on newsgroups. Thanks again.

Best regards,
yhhuang
VS.NET, Visual C++
Microsoft