    quationmark ...

    Waiting Your Solutions ............

    , Jul 29, 2007

  2. <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi All ...
    > How can you set asp response cookies to unicode language like chinase,
    > arabic, etc...
    > For your information; response cookies by default is english, if you
    > use it by default it will print any unicode letters to ?
    > quationmark ...
    >
    > Waiting Your Solutions ............

    <%@codepage=65001%>
    <%
    Response.CharSet = "UTF-8"

    Save your page in UTF-8 encoding.

    You need to be sure that any page consuming the cookie is likewise set to
    the 65001 codepage.

    --
    Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

    Anthony Jones, Jul 29, 2007

    On Jul 29, 7:33 pm, "Anthony Jones" <> wrote:
    > <> wrote in message

    > > Hi All ...
    > > How can you set asp response cookies to unicode language like chinase,
    > > arabic, etc...
    > > For your information; response cookies by default is english, if you
    > > use it by default it will print any unicode letters to ?
    > > quationmark ...

    > > Waiting Your Solutions ............

    > <%@codepage=65001%>
    > <%
    > Response.CharSet = "UTF-8"
    >
    > Save your page in UTF-8 encoding.
    >
    > You need to be sure that any page consuming the cookie is likewise set to
    > the 65001 codepage.
    >
    > --
    > Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

    Not worked fine for arabic "1256" ?

    , Jul 30, 2007
  4. <> wrote in message
    > On Jul 29, 7:33 pm, "Anthony Jones" <> wrote:
    > > <> wrote in message

    > > > Hi All ...
    > > > How can you set asp response cookies to unicode language like chinase,
    > > > arabic, etc...
    > > > For your information; response cookies by default is english, if you
    > > > use it by default it will print any unicode letters to ?
    > > > quationmark ...

    > > > Waiting Your Solutions ............

    > > <%@codepage=65001%>
    > > <%
    > > Response.CharSet = "UTF-8"
    > >
    > > Save your page in UTF-8 encoding.
    > >
    > > You need to be sure that any page consuming the cookie is likewise set

    > > the 65001 codepage.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

    > Not worked fine for arabic "1256" ?

    I'm not sure whether that is a statement or a question. UTF-8 works for any
    characters from any language.

    --
    Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

    Anthony Jones, Jul 30, 2007

    On Jul 30, 11:44 pm, "Anthony Jones" <> wrote:
    > <> wrote in message

    > > On Jul 29, 7:33 pm, "Anthony Jones" <> wrote:
    > > > <> wrote in message

    > > > <%@codepage=65001%>
    > > > <%
    > > > Response.CharSet = "UTF-8"

    > > > Save your page in UTF-8 encoding.

    > > > You need to be sure that any page consuming the cookie is likewise set

    > > > the 65001 codepage.

    > > > --
    > > > Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

    > > Not worked fine for arabic "1256" ?

    > I'm not sure whether that is a statement or a question. UTF-8 works for any
    > characters from any language.
    >
    > --
    > Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET- Hide quoted text -

    Thank you for your interaction with me mr anthony ....
    the problem still not solved,
    this my script:

    <%@language="vbscript" codepage="65001"%>
    <%
    response.charset = "UTF-8"

    response.cookies("hamied")="hamied "
    response.write request.cookies("hamied")

    %>

    it return:
    "hamied" without " " !!!! (i don't know if arabic characters will
    appear on your computer properly.)

    that is mean, it return english letters & miss arabic one !!!
    any idea?

    , Jul 31, 2007
  6. <> wrote in message
    > On Jul 30, 11:44 pm, "Anthony Jones" <> wrote:
    > > <> wrote in message

    chinase,

    you

    set

    > > > Not worked fine for arabic "1256" ?

    > > I'm not sure whether that is a statement or a question. UTF-8 works for

    any
    > > characters from any language.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET- Hide quoted text -

    > Thank you for your interaction with me mr anthony ....
    > the problem still not solved,
    > this my script:
    >
    > <%@language="vbscript" codepage="65001"%>
    > <%
    > response.charset = "UTF-8"
    >
    > response.cookies("hamied")="hamied "
    > response.write request.cookies("hamied")
    >
    > %>
    >
    > it return:
    > "hamied" without " " !!!! (i don't know if arabic characters will
    > appear on your computer properly.)
    >
    > that is mean, it return english letters & miss arabic one !!!
    > any idea?

    Which version of IIS are you using. I've just tested on IIS5 and it doesn't
    work but it does on IIS5.1 .

    --
    Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

    Anthony Jones, Jul 31, 2007

    On Jul 31, 4:56 pm, "Anthony Jones" <> wrote:
    > <> wrote in message

    > > On Jul 30, 11:44 pm, "Anthony Jones" <> wrote:
    > > > <> wrote in message

    > chinase,

    > you

    > set

    > > > I'm not sure whether that is a statement or a question. UTF-8 works for

    > any
    > > > characters from any language.

    > > > --
    > > > Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET- Hide quoted text -

    > > Thank you for your interaction with me mr anthony ....
    > > the problem still not solved,
    > > this my script:

    > > <%@language="vbscript" codepage="65001"%>
    > > <%
    > > response.charset = "UTF-8"

    > > response.cookies("hamied")="hamied "
    > > response.write request.cookies("hamied")

    > > %>

    > > it return:
    > > "hamied" without " " !!!! (i don't know if arabic characters will
    > > appear on your computer properly.)

    > > that is mean, it return english letters & miss arabic one !!!
    > > any idea?

    > Which version of IIS are you using. I've just tested on IIS5 and it doesn't
    > work but it does on IIS5.1 .
    >
    > --
    > Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET- Hide quoted text -

    IIS 5

    , Jul 31, 2007