    Everyman Guest

    Why are you so arrogant?

    Just wondering.
    Everyman, Mar 8, 2009

  2. Everyman

    Phil Carmody Guest

    Everyman <> writes:
    > Why are you so arrogant?
    >
    > Just wondering.

    Posting through an anonymiser, I see. Why are you such a coward?
    Do you have nothing to say that you're willing to be associated
    with? There's no need to answer that, we already know.

    Phil
    --
    I tried the Vista speech recognition by running the tutorial. I was
    amazed, it was awesome, recognised every word I said. Then I said the
    Phil Carmody, Mar 8, 2009

  3. On 8 Mar 2009 at 10:33, Everyman wrote:
    > Why are you so arrogant?

    Why is the sky blue? Why do birds fly? Why do dogs bark?

    Arrogance is Heathfield's essential nature.
    Antoninus Twink, Mar 8, 2009
  4. Everyman

    Richard Guest

    Mark McIntyre <> writes:

    > Everyman wrote:
    >> Why are you so arrogant?

    > He isn't.
    >
    > However at least he's brave enough to post under his own name and
    > doesn't have to hide behind an anonymiser.

    Oh dear me. How sad.
    Richard, Mar 8, 2009
  5. In article <>,
    Malcolm McLean <> wrote:

    >"Everyman" <> wrote in message
    >> Why are you so arrogant?
    >>
    >> Just wondering.
    >>

    >Arrogance is where you overestimate your own abilities. Can you find an
    >example of Richard Heathfield doing this?

    Yes. Thousands. Well documented by Han from China.
    Just google for posts by him.

    You are very welcome.
    Kenny McCormack, Mar 8, 2009
  6. In article <>,
    Malcolm McLean <> wrote:
    >(Incidentally I probably can't post again for another week).

    They only let you on the computers for an hour each Sunday, down at the home?
    Kenny McCormack, Mar 8, 2009
  7. Mark McIntyre <> writes:
    > Everyman wrote:
    >> Why are you so arrogant?

    > He isn't.
    >
    > However at least he's brave enough to post under his own name and
    > doesn't have to hide behind an anonymiser.

    Please don't feed the troll.

    Nokia
    Keith Thompson, Mar 8, 2009
  8. Everyman

    Old Wolf Guest

    On Mar 9, 7:15 am, "Malcolm McLean" <> wrote:

    > >>Arrogance is where you overestimate your own abilities. Can you find an
    > >>example of Richard Heathfield doing this?

    > I can't trawl through thousands of posts.

    Well, Richard Heathfield believes that nobody
    should post to this group until they have
    trawled through at least 2,500 posts. What do
    you make of that?

    ref: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.c/msg/29fa6458065f546c
    Old Wolf, Mar 8, 2009
  9. In article <>,
    Malcolm McLean <> wrote:
    >"Kenny McCormack" <> wrote in message news:
    >> In article <>,
    >> Malcolm McLean <> wrote:
    >>>(Incidentally I probably can't post again for another week).

    >> They only let you on the computers for an hour each Sunday, down at the
    >> home?
    >>

    >It's self-imposed.
    >
    >I've banned myself from Usenet because my PhD is coming up this year, and an
    >entire chapter needs to be written.
    >However I still use the computer I have at my parents' house, which I visit
    >each Sunday. I give myself a break then.

    I see. So I wasn't that far off...
    Kenny McCormack, Mar 9, 2009
  10. Everyman

    Guest

    On Mar 8, 5:33 am, Everyman <> wrote:
    > Why are you so arrogant?
    >
    > Just wondering.

    Okay. That's it. I've had it with this nonsense. Did we all
    suddenly turn 12 years old or something? Are we simply unable to
    behave like rational adults anymore?

    KNOCK IT OFF. You have problems with Heathfield or Chuck Falconer or
    me or anyone else, then respond in the relevant thread or take to
    email, but fucking *enough* with the "here's why so-and-so sucks"
    threads.

    The September That Never Ended was bad enough, but this is getting
    intolerable. Go create an alt.flame.* group to vent your spleens if
    you must, but for ****'s sake quit spamming the group with your
    personal issues.

    *Jesus*.
    , Mar 9, 2009
  11. writes:
    > On Mar 8, 5:33 am, Everyman <> wrote:
    >> Why are you so arrogant?
    >>
    >> Just wondering.

    > Okay. That's it. I've had it with this nonsense. Did we all
    > suddenly turn 12 years old or something? Are we simply unable to
    > behave like rational adults anymore?

    [...]

    The trolls know exactly what they're doing. Asking them to stop
    has not worked in the past, and is unlikely to work in the future.
    Given the open nature of Usenet, there's no real way to force them
    to stop.

    The best thing we can do is ignore them. A killfile is a good
    way to do this. Responding to them only seems to encourage them.
    I understand (and share) your frustration, but berating them really
    doesn't help.

    In short, please don't feed the trolls.

    (Some of the trolls will probably post followups claiming that
    they've won some kind of victory because I've mentioned them.
    They pretend not to understand that they're not winning anything;
    I'm just not playing their game. When you make up your own
    rules as you go along, you can claim whatever meaningless victories
    you like.)

    Nokia
    Keith Thompson, Mar 9, 2009
  12. Everyman

    Old Wolf Guest

    On Mar 10, 10:44 am, Mark McIntyre <>
    wrote:
    > Old Wolf wrote:
    > > Well, Richard Heathfield believes that nobody
    > > should post to this group until they have
    > > trawled through at least 2,500 posts. What do
    > > you make of that?

    > I think you might want to learn to read. I quote from the article you
    > referenced:
    >
    > "(Note that this advice is not of my own making. It has been kicking
    > around Usenet much longer than I have.) "

    Well, he endorses the advice and administered
    it to somebody else; it doesn't matter
    if he authored it or not. BTW, it is actually
    2,500 threads in the last 6 months, heaven
    knows how many actual posts there were!
    Old Wolf, Mar 9, 2009