(question) How to use python get access to google search without query quota limit

Per

I am doing a Natural Language processing project for academic use,

I think google's rich retrieval information and query-segment might be
of help, I downloaded google api, but there is query limit(1000/day),
How can I write python code to simulate the browser-like-activity to
submit more than 10k queries in one day?

applying for more than 10 licence keys and changing them if
query-quota-exception raised is not a neat idea...

Heiko Wundram

Am Freitag 05 Mai 2006 13:37 schrieb Per:
I think google's rich retrieval information and query-segment might be
of help, I downloaded google api, but there is query limit(1000/day),
How can I write python code to simulate the browser-like-activity to
submit more than 10k queries in one day?

How about asking them for a "license" which doesn't have this restriction
before taking the trouble to work around a limit they don't impose for
nothing? Anything else might be considered text-/email-grabbing, and can get
you into serious trouble...

--- Heiko.

Duncan Booth

Heiko said:
Am Freitag 05 Mai 2006 13:37 schrieb Per:

How about asking them for a "license" which doesn't have this
restriction before taking the trouble to work around a limit they
don't impose for nothing? Anything else might be considered
text-/email-grabbing, and can get you into serious trouble...
Google's FAQ says they don't currently offer licenses for more than 100
searches per day. The OP should accept this and try living within these
limits.

Per

Yeah, Thanks Am,

I can be considered as an advanced google user, presumably.. But I am
not a advanced programmer yet.

If everyone can generate unlimited number of queries, soon the
user-query-data, which I believe is google's most advantage, will be in
chaos. Can they simply ignore some queries from a certain licence key
or.. so that they can keep their user-query-statistics normal and yet
provide cranky queriers reseanable response?

Stephen Prinster

Per said:
I am doing a Natural Language processing project for academic use,

I think google's rich retrieval information and query-segment might be
of help, I downloaded google api, but there is query limit(1000/day),
How can I write python code to simulate the browser-like-activity to
submit more than 10k queries in one day?

Would Yahoo's API work for you? IIRC, it allows 5000 queries per day
and up to 100 results per query. It also includes some easy-to-use
Python examples.

Or, if you are willing to pay for it, you can get as many queries as you
want from Alexa.

HTH,
Steve P.