    submit more than 10k queries in one day?

    applying for more than 10 licence keys and changing them if
    query-quota-exception raised is not a neat idea...
    Per, May 5, 2006

  2. Re: (question) How to use python get access to google search withoutquery quota limit

    Am Freitag 05 Mai 2006 13:37 schrieb Per:
    > I think google's rich retrieval information and query-segment might be
    > of help, I downloaded google api, but there is query limit(1000/day),
    > How can I write python code to simulate the browser-like-activity to
    > submit more than 10k queries in one day?

    How about asking them for a "license" which doesn't have this restriction
    before taking the trouble to work around a limit they don't impose for
    nothing? Anything else might be considered text-/email-grabbing, and can get
    you into serious trouble...

    --- Heiko.
    Heiko Wundram, May 5, 2006

  3. Per

    Duncan Booth Guest

    Heiko Wundram wrote:

    > Am Freitag 05 Mai 2006 13:37 schrieb Per:
    >> I think google's rich retrieval information and query-segment might
    >> be of help, I downloaded google api, but there is query
    >> limit(1000/day), How can I write python code to simulate the
    >> browser-like-activity to submit more than 10k queries in one day?

    > How about asking them for a "license" which doesn't have this
    > restriction before taking the trouble to work around a limit they
    > don't impose for nothing? Anything else might be considered
    > text-/email-grabbing, and can get you into serious trouble...

    Google's FAQ says they don't currently offer licenses for more than 100
    searches per day. The OP should accept this and try living within these
    limits.
    Duncan Booth, May 5, 2006
  4. Per

    Per Guest

    Yeah, Thanks Am,

    I can be considered as an advanced google user, presumably.. But I am
    not a advanced programmer yet.

    If everyone can generate unlimited number of queries, soon the
    user-query-data, which I believe is google's most advantage, will be in
    chaos. Can they simply ignore some queries from a certain licence key
    or.. so that they can keep their user-query-statistics normal and yet
    provide cranky queriers reseanable response?
    Per, May 5, 2006
  5. Re: (question) How to use python get access to google search withoutquery quota limit

    Per wrote:
    > I am doing a Natural Language processing project for academic use,
    >
    > I think google's rich retrieval information and query-segment might be
    > of help, I downloaded google api, but there is query limit(1000/day),
    > How can I write python code to simulate the browser-like-activity to
    > submit more than 10k queries in one day?

    Would Yahoo's API work for you? IIRC, it allows 5000 queries per day
    and up to 100 results per query. It also includes some easy-to-use
    Python examples.

    Or, if you are willing to pay for it, you can get as many queries as you
    want from Alexa.

    HTH,
    Steve P.
    Stephen Prinster, May 6, 2006