Question installing JRuby 1.5.2 under SuSe SLES 10

Ruby Student

I downloaded jruby-bin-1.5.2.targ.gz on my SuSe SLES 10 system.

1) - How do I compile it?
2) - Any url with installation instructions?

Thank you

Kirk Haines

I downloaded jruby-bin-1.5.2.targ.gz on my SuSe SLES 10 system.

1) - How do I compile it?
2) - Any url with installation instructions?

It's the -bin package. You don't have to compile it. Just unpack it.
It's ready to run, so long as you have Java installed on your system.

http://jruby.org/getting-started

Kirk Haines
Software Developer
Engine Yard, Inc.

Joel VanderWerf

I downloaded jruby-bin-1.5.2.targ.gz on my SuSe SLES 10 system.

1) - How do I compile it?
2) - Any url with installation instructions?

Just unpack it somewhere and put the bin dir on your PATH. I put it at
the end of my path like this:

PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/jruby/bin

(in ~/.zshenv).

IIRC the only dependency is java jre.

Ruby Student

Your service is faster and better than a pay service!

To what directory should the files be extracted to?
The default target folder showing is Desktop!
What's the standard?

Thank you

It's the -bin package. You don't have to compile it. =A0Just unpack it.
It's ready to run, so long as you have Java installed on your system.

http://jruby.org/getting-started

Kirk Haines
Software Developer
Engine Yard, Inc.