Question involving a Python app...

sberry

I am a Flash developer (also a Python dev) and I use an editor called
SEPY Actionscript Editor. The latest release version does not support
Flash CS3, so I downloaded the source from subversion, edited it, and
recompiled to get a version that worked with CS3. Right now, in order
to run the program I have to do a command line "python main.pyw."

The question now is this:
Others in my company would like to use the version I have compiled
without installing Python, wxPython, 4suite, antlr, and a whole bunch
of other Python libs. So, how do I create an executable (on Windows)
to install the program so it will run without the aforementioned
framework being installed?

I know this isn't really an entirely "Pythonic" question, but this
group has always been very helpful in the past.

Thanks

Simon Brunning

So, how do I create an executable (on Windows)
to install the program so it will run without the aforementioned
framework being installed?

Check out py2exe.

kyosohma

I am a Flash developer (also a Python dev) and I use an editor called
SEPY Actionscript Editor. The latest release version does not support
Flash CS3, so I downloaded the source from subversion, edited it, and
recompiled to get a version that worked with CS3. Right now, in order
to run the program I have to do a command line "python main.pyw."

The question now is this:
Others in my company would like to use the version I have compiled
without installing Python, wxPython, 4suite, antlr, and a whole bunch
of other Python libs. So, how do I create an executable (on Windows)
to install the program so it will run without the aforementioned
framework being installed?

I know this isn't really an entirely "Pythonic" question, but this
group has always been very helpful in the past.

Thanks

I find GUI2exe to be very easy to use. It's just py2exe with a GUI
frontend. See http://xoomer.alice.it/infinity77/main/GUI2Exe.html for
more information.

Mike

sberry

I find GUI2exe to be very easy to use. It's just py2exe with a GUI
frontend. Seehttp://xoomer.alice.it/infinity77/main/GUI2Exe.htmlfor
more information.

Mike

Thanks for the help... and for giving it so quickly - I can always
count on this group.

Problems though... I was successful at creating the dist dir with my
executable file, but when I try to run it I get an error.log file with
the following:

<type 'exceptions.IOError'>
[Errno 9] Bad file descriptor
[53]: main.pyw
[29]: SEPY.pyo
[16]: core\__init__.pyo
[5]: core\documents\__init__.pyo
[11]: core\documents\compare.pyo
[15]: core\documents\editor.pyo
[13]: core\io\__init__.pyo
[6]: core\io\xml\__init__.pyo
[11]: core\io\xml\autoformat.pyo
[29]: Ft\Xml\Domlette.pyo
[355]: Ft\Xml\InputSource.pyo
[584]: Ft\Xml\Catalog.pyo
[62]: warnings.pyo
[126]: warnings.pyo
[122]: Ft\__init__.pyo

sberry

[...]

------------------------

Can anyone help explain what I am missing here?

THANKS!

Ok, I figured some of this out. I added the module antlr, and the
package Ft and recompiled. Now I have the error.log down to this:

<type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
No module named shell
[53]: main.pyw
[37]: SEPY.pyo
[11]: core\io\PythonShortCut.pyo

Wildemar Wildenburger

Simon said:
Check out py2exe.
Uhm, just an idea ... Can't we (that is, someone else) set up a
reply-bot that spots FAQs and post the appropriate FGAs?

/W