Question: launching a Word template with the /mmacroname modifierfrom an intranet page

David Zack

Hello. I'm currently working on a tool for an intranet that allows a
user to launch a Word document template from an HTML page on a corporate
portal.

I would now like to run a particular macro in the template, determined
by the hyperlink selected. But the slash is causing problems - the
hyperlink reads it as a subdirectory.

Here's the code in the page now.

In the header I have this script:

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/JavaScript">
<!--
function MM_openBrWindow(theURL,winName,features) { //v2.0
window.open(theURL,winName,features);
}

function MM_callJS(jsStr) { //v2.0
return eval(jsStr)
}

function close_window() {
window.close();
}

function MM_goToURL() { //v3.0
var i, args=MM_goToURL.arguments; document.MM_returnValue = false;
for (i=0; i<(args.length-1); i+=2)
eval(args+".location='"+args[i+1]+"'");
}
//-->
</script>

In the body of the HTML PAGE, I have the following link:

onClick="MM_goToURL('parent','Template.dot');return
document.MM_returnValue" onfocusout="close_window()">Launch Word
Template</a>

I can't seem to find where I would add the /mmacroname reference.

Thanks,
David
(e-mail address removed)