Question: "Life" of a usercontrol's dropdownlist

VB Programmer

I have a usercontrol that contains a dropdownlist that is populated
dynamically from a database (Page_Load of usercontrol).

How long will the uc "retain" the "life" of that dropdownlist if no other
modifications are made to it in code? Until the page that contains the
usercontrol is refreshed? Etc...?

Thanks.

Joe Molloy

Viewstate should hold the values accross postbacks (theory) but there are
some gotchas that I've come accross - particularly if you're setting a
selecteditem index be careful.

Joe