Question, need expert help pre-loading images properly (IE + FireFox), thank you :)

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 29 Oct 2007 21:16:41 GMT
Bergamot scribed:
?
I wasn't responding to one of your posts, but to one by Bone Ur.

Oh. Sorry, I didn't realize it was a closed conversation.

Bone Ur

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 29 Oct 2007 21:53:40 GMT
dorayme scribed:
A good author does not have to "sacrifice" fancy things to
"cover" the less common type of users, (especially the disabled,
the ones on very slow dialup etc etc). It may be hard work for
sure, but it is not a case of sacrificing, at least not anything
but authoring time.

Guess what? This message does _not_ appear on Motzarella. I suspected
some items were missing; that's why I adopted a dual presence to check.

Anyway, about your misconception, some things are always sacrificed when
you break new ground. The trick is not to sacrifice unnecessarily or use
it as an excuse to be less-than-proficient. I'm not advocating ignoring
accessibility, but I do state that practical considerations may cause some
compromise.

Bone Ur

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Tue, 30 Oct 2007 07:24:01
GMT Neredbojias scribed:
Oh. Sorry, I didn't realize it was a closed conversation.

You old dog!

Bergamot

Neredbojias said:
Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 29 Oct 2007 21:16:41 GMT
Bergamot scribed:

Oh. Sorry, I didn't realize it was a closed conversation.

Sorry, that wasn't really my point. I was responding to some specific
statements made by Bone Ur. Your comments on my statements didn't really
relate to those, at least not that I could figure out, hence the "?". I
thought perhaps you were replying to the wrong post. It does happen to
some people occasionally.

If you were referencing something else in another part of this thread,
then *your* reply was not relevant to my comments. BTW, I still don't
get what you said, as related to what I said.

Bone Ur

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Tue, 30 Oct 2007 14:10:54
GMT Bergamot scribed:
Sorry, that wasn't really my point. I was responding to some specific
statements made by Bone Ur. Your comments on my statements didn't
really relate to those, at least not that I could figure out, hence
the "?". I thought perhaps you were replying to the wrong post. It
does happen to some people occasionally.

If you were referencing something else in another part of this thread,
then *your* reply was not relevant to my comments. BTW, I still don't
get what you said, as related to what I said.

Well, don't sweat it. Whatever it was was probably ambiguous, anyway.

"Bone Ur" and "Neredbojias" are parts of the same schizoid personality and
can occasionally interchange in a neurotic sort of way. Currently,
however, each is testing a discrete free newsserver for efficacy with
rational efficiency. Keeping who's who straight is a bit of a pain to the
relevant gazookis, so I exercised a modicum of latitude in response-
sourcing. Hope it didn't cause too much confusion.

LucyCarper