    mechanism ?

    Any advise would be helpful.

    TIA.

    vk02720, Sep 4, 2006

  2. vk02720

    John Bailo Guest

    vk02720 wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I want to build a rich client app on the web. Presently we are using
    > Struts and that is somewhat cumbersome for the purpose since there is a
    > lot of desktop application-like user interaction.
    >
    > What is the difference between using the jsolait JSON-RPC functionality
    > vs. any Ajax framework. Which one is the "simpler" to start with ?
    > Which one is good for the longer term ?
    >
    > With jsonrpc how does the client communicate with the server side Java
    > program ?
    > Does it use the XmlHttpRequest like Ajax or is it a totally different
    > mechanism ?
    >
    > Any advise would be helpful.
    >
    > TIA.

    Take a look at the dojo client side implementation of json-rpc:

    http://dojotoolkit.org

    Json, as I understand, does not use XML or SOAP formated requests, but
    has its own encoding for serializing java objects as strings.

    This makes it lighter (less wraparound code).

    Since it uses the javascript eval function, returning a string with
    paired values makes it easier to parse (not having to remove XML tags
    and so on).

    --
    Texeme Construct

    John Bailo, Sep 26, 2006