Question on coding QCheckListView (newbee)

dusty

I have several years experience using Delphi writing apps in windoz
(not professional) and now in a effort to completely remove windoz, I
am trying to re-write my apps using Python, PyQt and Qt Designer.

I am using a QCheckListView and have a need to read the text and level
(parent or child) of a selected item. I am confused by the C code
information in the QT help and have been unsuccessful in extracting
this information.

I would appreciate any help I can get with code examples.