    box.

    thanks,

    Jeff

    DomIntCom - Info, Jan 14, 2004

  2. DomIntCom - Info

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:>
    "DomIntCom - Info" <> said:

    > how do I change the text color in a combo box? I have looked everywhere for
    > this info, and seem to be able to change it everywhere except in the combo
    > box.

    browser support for styling form elements varies.

    select,option{color:white;background:red;}

    --
    brucie - i usenet nude
    brucie, Jan 14, 2004

  3. DomIntCom - Info wrote:

    > how do I change the text color in a combo box?

    A combobox? In a HTML? Very unlikely. You probably mean a select element[1].

    The answer is - the same as anywhere else: With the CSS color and
    background-color properties. Browser support is, however, limited due to
    the techniques used to render drop down menus.

    [1] Select elements are usually rendered as drop down lists. A combobox is a
    drop down list combined with a text box, this allows the user to pick an
    existing option or type in a new one. HTML makes no provision for this, so
    any that are around are strictly non-standard JavaScript hackery[2].

    [2] And I think I might have figured out a way to make one that is actually
    accessible - I'll see about writing it up later.

    --
    David Dorward <http://dorward.me.uk/>
    David Dorward, Jan 14, 2004
  4. thnx...

    I'll play with this, I'm assuming I can change the color with a hex value
    (which is what I need).

    should be able to make it work.

    DomIntCom - Info, Jan 15, 2004
  5. DomIntCom - Info

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:4005d892$>
    "DomIntCom - Info" <> said:

    >> select,option{color:white;background:red;}

    > I'll play with this, I'm assuming I can change the color with a hex value

    yes

    select,option{color:#FFFFFF;background:#FF0000;}

    please don't toppost

    How am I supposed to post my replies in a newsgroup?:
    http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post

    --
    brucie - i usenet nude
    brucie, Jan 15, 2004