Question on CSS alignment

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Matt said:
No it doesn't. Use verdana if that's the way you like your pages
to look. Yes, the font is bigger than most.

Re-read Isofarro's post.

"Verdana by itself isn't a problem, unless the web designer does
something silly like setting a smaller font because default Verdana
looks too big. ... "

And most of them do set it to something like 10px or 80% or similar.
Because at 100% it looks *too big* on their own monitors.
So what, it's the way it's designed. This font has been included in
Windows since (at least) win 95. 90%+ of the people in the world
using personal computers have Verdana installed on their system.

Didn't I just read in one of these threads that W95 did not come with
Verdana? Yes, check for yourself; first introduced in W98:
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/
There are things to look out for (not that anyone here has clearly
enumerated them), but there's no reason to say "don't use Verdana".
That's ridiculous.

...not if the deezigner gives a small font size...
Yup.

That's bad design whether it be because of misuse of fonts or
another reason.

Have to agree with that... :)

Matt Clara

Beauregard T. Shagnasty said:
Matt Clara wrote:
Re-read Isofarro's post.

"Verdana by itself isn't a problem, unless the web designer does
something silly like setting a smaller font because default Verdana
looks too big. ... "

And most of them do set it to something like 10px or 80% or similar.
Because at 100% it looks *too big* on their own monitors.

Yes, CSS causes more problems than it fixes--certainly opens the door all
the wider to the idiot factor, at any rate.
Didn't I just read in one of these threads that W95 did not come with
Verdana? Yes, check for yourself; first introduced in W98:
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/

It appears that only lets you search for info on Verdana 2.4 and later.
This site claims different:
http://www.techadvice.com/W95/F/Fonts_Default.htm

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Matt said:
Yes, CSS causes more problems than it fixes--certainly opens the
door all the wider to the idiot factor, at any rate.

A tool in the wrong hands... I love the way CSS gives me the
capability to give you a better web site. And easier, too.
It appears that only lets you search for info on Verdana 2.4 and
later. This site claims different:
http://www.techadvice.com/W95/F/Fonts_Default.htm

There are numerous differences between that list and the MS list.

MS Techadvice
Impact
Marlett
Verdana