Question on Events for web controls in C#

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXMgRGF2b2xp?=, Sep 16, 2007.

  1. Environment: VS 2005
    Differences using VB.Net vs C#.Sharp

    I've got a question about Visual Studio 2005. In VB.Net when I'm in code
    view and I want to look at the events for a control (ie; like GridView
    control or DropDown list
    control), in code behind, when I drop down the drop down list (ie; the drop
    down
    list box in the upper left hand corner for the controls on a page), when I
    select a control in this drop down and in the right hand side drop down
    (still
    in code view) I can now see the events for that control. That works like it
    should in visual studio for VB.NET, but when I go to C#.Net, the controls
    don't
    show up in the left hand drop down (just the pagfe name shows up), and hence
    the
    events don't show up in the right drop down list. Whe I try hand coding
    them, I
    get them wrong. Is there something I need to turn on for the web controls to
    show up in the drop down left side controls for the page in code view? Or is
    there another way to automatically put in an event for a control? ie; a good
    example would be GridView1_RowCreated. The GridView1 web control will show
    up in VB.Net but NOT show up C#.Net.

    I've even tried to copy them from vb.net, but I just get the events wrong.
    Any
    help would be appreciated.

    --
    Chris Davoli

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXMgRGF2b2xp?=, Sep 16, 2007

  2. With C#. when you highlight a control on the page in Design View, and view
    the Properties window for that control, there will be a lightning bolt icon
    that you can click which exposes the Event property sheet for the selected
    control.
    -- Peter
    Recursion: see Recursion
    site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, Sep 17, 2007