Question on Form Data

RJ Fisher

hopefully I can explain what I am trying to do as well as I can picture it!

Bear with me please, I am rather new at developing HTML ...

I would like to create a form on a web page where the user enters in certain
pieces of information. The completed form is then sent to me via email. This
is pretty easy and works ok.

Now what I would like to do is take something the user entered on the form
(lets use "Last Name:" for example). In the Last Name field, the user enters
their last name.

Question is: is it possible to pass what is typed in to the "Last Name"
field (above) to another form on the same page (a different form with
another field for "Last Name").

The above description of what I am looking for is just an example to help
explain it better.

Any help is sincerely appreciated!!

TIA -
R. Fisher

Adrienne Boswell

[...]

Client side javascript is what you need. But, if the second field is a
required field, be sure to check for it server side as well.