Question on Form Data

Discussion in 'HTML' started by RJ Fisher, Jan 10, 2007.

  1. RJ Fisher

    RJ Fisher Guest

    hopefully I can explain what I am trying to do as well as I can picture it!

    Bear with me please, I am rather new at developing HTML ...

    I would like to create a form on a web page where the user enters in certain
    pieces of information. The completed form is then sent to me via email. This
    is pretty easy and works ok.

    Now what I would like to do is take something the user entered on the form
    (lets use "Last Name:" for example). In the Last Name field, the user enters
    their last name.

    Question is: is it possible to pass what is typed in to the "Last Name"
    field (above) to another form on the same page (a different form with
    another field for "Last Name").

    The above description of what I am looking for is just an example to help
    explain it better.

    Any help is sincerely appreciated!!

    TIA -
    R. Fisher
    RJ Fisher, Jan 10, 2007

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "RJ Fisher" <>
    writing in news:45a43da1$0$10309$:

    > hopefully I can explain what I am trying to do as well as I can
    > picture it!
    >
    > Bear with me please, I am rather new at developing HTML ...
    >
    > I would like to create a form on a web page where the user enters in
    > certain pieces of information. The completed form is then sent to me
    > via email. This is pretty easy and works ok.
    >
    > Now what I would like to do is take something the user entered on the
    > form (lets use "Last Name:" for example). In the Last Name field, the
    > user enters their last name.
    >
    > Question is: is it possible to pass what is typed in to the "Last
    > Name" field (above) to another form on the same page (a different form
    > with another field for "Last Name").
    >
    > The above description of what I am looking for is just an example to
    > help explain it better.
    >
    > Any help is sincerely appreciated!!
    >
    > TIA -
    > R. Fisher

    Client side javascript is what you need. But, if the second field is a
    required field, be sure to check for it server side as well.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services
    Adrienne Boswell, Jan 10, 2007