Question on HTML and Web(Server Side) Controls

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Ralph Krausse, Sep 10, 2004.

  1. I know more html is needed to really produce this but enough is here
    for me to ask my question. So, this HTML code produce 2 buttons. One
    button is a HTML control and the other is ASP Web or Server Control.
    Why are there 2 ways to create buttons if they so the same thing? Do
    they do the same thing? In what senario would I use a HTML button
    rather than a Web control button. Does it matter? If not why 2
    different controls that do the same thing.

    <HTML>

    <INPUT style="Z-INDEX: 101; LEFT: 104px; POSITION: absolute; TOP:
    40px" type="button" value="Button1" id="Button2" name="Button2"
    runat="server">

    <asp:Button id="Button1" style="Z-INDEX: 102; LEFT: 104px; POSITION:
    absolute; TOP: 88px" runat="server" Text="Button2"></asp:Button>
    </form>

    </HTML>

    Thanks
    Ralph Krausse

    www.consiliumsoft.com
    Use the START button? Then you need CSFastRunII...
    A new kind of application launcher integrated in the taskbar!
    ScreenShot - http://www.consiliumsoft.com/ScreenShot.jpg
    Ralph Krausse, Sep 10, 2004