    Which is the more accepted for data entry web sites and is more user
    friendly?

    Bill

    Bill Gower, Aug 1, 2007

  2. Bill Gower

    bruce barker Guest

    as controlling two windows is difficult (popup blockers), a more common
    approach is to use a floating div. the div would contain the detail
    data, and javascript can display it. this will require javascript to get
    smooth and quick.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Aug 1, 2007

  3. Bill Gower

    Guest

    Bill,
    I've also been avoiding popups for similar reasons. The floating DIV
    approach is ok too but if you plan
    to use UpdatePanels and other Ajax controls inside of them it can
    cause problems.

    Latetly, I have been directing the user to another page. It's much
    safer and always works.

    Vince

    On Aug 1, 4:11 pm, "Bill Gower" <> wrote:
    > I have a web app that will basically have two types of web forms, a locator
    > form with a datagrid and a detail form. The locator form will display a
    > list of objects such as customers etc. The user will be able to either
    > click a button to create a new object, click a link to edit an existing
    > object or click delete to delete an object. If adding a new record or
    > editing an existing I will display a detail form to fill in. The user will
    > fill in the info and when done save the record and record to the locator
    > form. I am torn between using javascript open to pop up the detail form and
    > then save will close it to return to the form below or to move to a new
    > browser window to display the detail form and then redirect after saving.
    > Which is the more accepted for data entry web sites and is more user
    > friendly?
    >
    > Bill

    , Aug 2, 2007