question on subprogram parameter

skyworld

Hi,

I'm studying python now and I saw a piece of code like this:

def storeDbase(db, dbfilename=dbfilename):
dbfile=open(dbfilename,'w')
for key in db:
print(key, file=dbfile)

can anybody help me to understand what does this "file=dbfile" mean
and what is its function? thanks.

MRAB

Hi,

I'm studying python now and I saw a piece of code like this:

def storeDbase(db, dbfilename=dbfilename):
dbfile=open(dbfilename,'w')
for key in db:
print(key, file=dbfile)

can anybody help me to understand what does this "file=dbfile" mean
and what is its function? thanks.
It's a keyword parameter.

Normally 'print' sends its output to the standard output (usually it's
the screen).

Adding 'file=dbfile' tells it to send its output to the file referred
to by 'dbfile' instead.

It's all in the documentation!