    on the server side. Is there any other way to achieve this. Any help would
    be appreciated. Thanks."

    Henry
    =?Utf-8?B?SGVucnk=?=, Dec 29, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SGVucnk=?=

    bruce barker Guest

    you are on the right track. onpostback, read the hidden field, and set the
    style in serverside code. alternately do in client side code, on postback
    render a call to client script that does it.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Dec 29, 2004

  3. =?Utf-8?B?SGVucnk=?=

    Steve Lutz Guest

    Alternatively, you could write Javascript code that gets run on Window's
    OnLoad event. This will "re-play" the color coding of the text boxes based
    on the current values. Does the server NEED to know about the color changes?
    If so, this approach will not work.

    Also, when you change the colors, you could also write cookies in
    Javascript. When posting back, the cookies will be sent to the server. The
    page then needs to read the cookies determine the colors. This approach will
    work if it's required that the server know about the color coding. You can
    do a quick google on something like "write cookie javascript" to get sample
    code on writing the cookies.

    Hope that helps

    Steve

    Steve Lutz, Dec 30, 2004
  4. Thanks for the reply. Since I'll do this setting while in page_load
    routine, how would I go about setting my server-side textbox control's style
    base on what I have in my hidden value?

    Protected WithEvents textbox1 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox
    Protected WithEvents textbox2 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox
    Protected WithEvents textbox3 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox
    Protected WithEvents textbox4 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox

    System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
    If Not Me.IsPostBack Then

    Else
    Dim myArray As Array
    ' assuming that Request.Form("hidChangedCol") is "textbox1:textbox4"
    myArray = Split(Request.Form("hidChangedCol"), ":")
    For j = 0 To myArray.Length - 2
    ''???????? textbox style settings..such as textbox1.Style("BackColor") =
    "Red", etc...
    Next
    End If

    End Sub

    Or alternately, could you please clarify what you mean by client side code
    from postback? Thanks again.

    Henry.

    =?Utf-8?B?SGVucnk=?=, Dec 30, 2004