Question re: CSS priority

Michael Laplante

Does an embedded stylesheet trump an external stylesheet? If a user
configured their browser to use an external stylesheet, would that supercede
one embedded by the writer in the original file?

How about MHT archives? If my MHT file included CSS, could an end-user
override that with their browser settings?

David Dorward

Michael said:
Does an embedded stylesheet trump an external stylesheet?

No, the order of the style sheets applies as normal (although style
*attributes* have maximum specificity).
If a user configured their browser to use an external stylesheet, would
that supercede one embedded by the writer in the original file?

User style sheets trump author style sheets.

Steve Pugh

David Dorward said:
User style sheets trump author style sheets.

No they don't. user !important rules trump everything but otherwise
author stylesheets trump user ones.

Steve

Toby Inkster

Steve said:
No they don't. user !important rules trump everything but otherwise
author stylesheets trump user ones.

style attributes trump even user !important rules.