Question regarding a bookmark script

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Cat, Feb 9, 2007.

  1. Cat

    Cat Guest

    Hello,

    maybe someone can help me here..

    I was looking for a bookmark script to implement on my website.
    Actually I always thought such scripts are pretty obsolete but
    I do have a frame page (and intend to keep it ;).

    Now bookmarking the single pages should not be a problem, each
    one can be called up with a link like say 123.com/index.html?subpage,
    but somehow lots of folks just do not get it and end up bookmarking
    the main homepage instead.

    To make it easier for those people I wanted to add a script
    that would add their bookmark for them and found this one on
    http://www.dynamicdrive.com/:

    /* Modified to support Opera */
    function bookmarksite(title,url){
    if (window.sidebar) // firefox
    window.sidebar.addPanel(title, url, "");
    else if(window.opera && window.print){ // opera
    var elem = document.createElement('a');
    elem.setAttribute('href',url);
    elem.setAttribute('title',title);
    elem.setAttribute('rel','sidebar');
    elem.click();
    }
    else if(document.all)// ie
    window.external.AddFavorite(url, title);

    It works fine so far and even saves a specific subpage within
    its frameset but it will open the bookmarked pages in
    Firefox/Firebird in the sidebar only which is very annoying.
    I would vastly like to open the pages in a normal window.

    But how?

    Since my javascript skills are very very limited I just cannot
    get the script to work otherwise.

    My attempts to find another script to work for Mozilla were
    fruitless (Strg-D will only save the main frameset, not the
    specified subpage within the frameset).

    Please, can anyone help here? Or maybe point to some script
    that might do the trick?

    Many thanks,

    Cathy

    Cat, Feb 9, 2007