question regarding AutoPostback dropdown list

Milsnips

Hi there,

I'm using VS.NET 2003, (.NET 1.1.4322) -
I've got dropdown list with about 10 items in it on a web page.
On 2 of the items i'd like the autopostback to occur, whereas if the user
selects the other items i dont want it to occur.

Is this possible?

thanks,
Paul

Eliyahu Goldin

Paul,

Set AutoPostBack to false and handle the client-side onchange event. In the
javascript event handler check what item is selected and, if a postback is
required, make a javascript call to myForm.submit();. If you need to pass
additional parameters to the server, for example to specify the reason for
the postback, you can do it in hidden <input> controls.

Eliyahu