Question regarding C14N namespace

Discussion in 'XML' started by jacksuyu@gmail.com, Oct 26, 2005.

  1. Guest

    I am a little confused about "Elimination of superfluous namespace
    declarations" in the w3c C14 document.

    Couple sample situations:
    1.
    <P:parentNode xmlns:p="parent" xmlns:C="child">
    <C:TheNode>
    </C:TheNode>
    </P:parentNode>

    If I perform C14N process on C:TheNode, will it be
    <C:TheNode xmlns:C="child">
    </C:TheNode>
    Or just
    <C:TheNode>
    </C:TheNode>

    2. Useless namespace
    <C:TheNode xmlns:C="child" xmlns:junk="junkURI">
    </C:TheNode>

    After C14N process, should it be
    <C:TheNode xmlns:C="child">
    </C:TheNode>
    or
    <C:TheNode xmlns:C="child" xmlns:junk="junkURI">
    </C:TheNode>

    Thanks.

    -- Jack
    , Oct 26, 2005

    One more question regarding C14N, shouldn't the line breaks in elements
    be changed to #xA #xD ?

    Such as
    <C:TheNode xmlns:C="child" xmlns:junk="junkURI">
    </C:TheNode>

    should be CN14 to
    <C:TheNode xmlns:C="child" xmlns:junk="junkURI"> #xA </C:TheNode>

    Thanks
    , Oct 26, 2005