Question regarding forcing a postback event

Michael Horton

I've dynamically creating a datagrid and have the grid setup to allow
sorting. The problem is that the event isn't getting called until after the
table is created. How can I get it to to fire earler? I'm guessing I need to
know how to find out what the e.sortexpression value is and call the
procedure before calling the CreateGrid sub. I've attached the code
CreateGrid sub below

Public Sub CreateGrid()

'declare a new datagrid and set properties

Dim dgDrivers As New DataGrid()

dgDrivers.BorderWidth = Unit.Pixel(0)

dgDrivers.CellPadding = 5

dgDrivers.GridLines = GridLines.None

dgDrivers.BorderColor = System.Drawing.Color.Empty

dgDrivers.ShowHeader = True

dgDrivers.AutoGenerateColumns = False

dgDrivers.SelectedItemStyle.BackColor = System.Drawing.Color.Empty

dgDrivers.AllowSorting = True

'add bound columns to the datagrid

Dim datagridcol As New BoundColumn()

datagridcol.HeaderText = "Car #"

datagridcol.DataField = "car #"

datagridcol.SortExpression = "Car #"

dgDrivers.Columns.Add(datagridcol)

datagridcol = New BoundColumn()

datagridcol.HeaderText = "Name"

datagridcol.DataField = "Name"

datagridcol.SortExpression = "Name"

dgDrivers.Columns.Add(datagridcol)

datagridcol = New BoundColumn()

datagridcol.HeaderText = "Status"

datagridcol.DataField = "Status"

'datagridcol.DataFormatString = "{0:d}"

datagridcol.SortExpression = "Status"

dgDrivers.Columns.Add(datagridcol)

datagridcol = New BoundColumn()

datagridcol.HeaderText = "Hometown"

datagridcol.DataField = "Hometown"

datagridcol.SortExpression = "HomeTown"

dgDrivers.Columns.Add(datagridcol)

'add event handlers

AddHandler dgDrivers.SortCommand, AddressOf dgDriver_Sort

dgDrivers.DataSource = DisplayDrivers()

dgDrivers.DataBind()

'add datagrid to the page

Page.Controls(1).Controls.Add(dgDrivers)

End Sub