Question Regarding Text Sizing

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Douglas Pollock, Jun 26, 2004.

  1. I've been trying to use HTML text that will scale up or down using the
    Internet Explorer 6.0 menu View\Text Size. I'm using CSS to set the sizes
    and weight.

    When I use View\Text Size Medium and CSS the results are

    Product line - font-size: medium - result bolded
    Pricing line - font-size: small - normal

    When I use View\Text Size with any size not medium and CSS the results are

    Product line - font-size: medium - normal
    Pricing line - font-size: small - normal

    If I use font-weight bold for the Product Line I end up with double bolding
    when View\Text is set to Medium.

    This inconsistant behavior of bolding makes it hard to have consistant
    looking fonts where the Product Line should be bolded.

    If I use a set point size the text will not scale.

    Is there a way of setting up fonts so that the results across the View\Text
    Size options is consistant?

    Thanks in advance
    Doug

    Douglas Pollock, Jun 26, 2004

  2. Douglas Pollock

    Grant Wagner Guest

    Douglas Pollock wrote:

    > I've been trying to use HTML text that will scale up or down using the
    > Internet Explorer 6.0 menu View\Text Size. I'm using CSS to set the sizes
    > and weight.
    >
    > When I use View\Text Size Medium and CSS the results are
    >
    > Product line - font-size: medium - result bolded
    > Pricing line - font-size: small - normal
    >
    > When I use View\Text Size with any size not medium and CSS the results are
    >
    > Product line - font-size: medium - normal
    > Pricing line - font-size: small - normal
    >
    > If I use font-weight bold for the Product Line I end up with double bolding
    > when View\Text is set to Medium.
    >
    > This inconsistant behavior of bolding makes it hard to have consistant
    > looking fonts where the Product Line should be bolded.
    >
    > If I use a set point size the text will not scale.
    >
    > Is there a way of setting up fonts so that the results across the View\Text
    > Size options is consistant?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > Doug

    span.product {
    font-size: medium;
    font-weight: bold;
    }
    span.pricing {
    font-size: small;
    }

    Results in "Product" being "bold" from View -> Text Size -> Largest to View ->
    Text Size -> Smallest in IE6SP1 here. Maybe your font-family doesn't make that
    obvious when fonts get below a specific size (such as Verdana).

    Anyway, what does this have to do with Javascript?

    --
    | Grant Wagner <>

    *

    *