Question: Setting HTML OBJECT to invisible

VB Programmer

In HTML how can I set an OBJECT to be invisible?

I know if it was a label I could do this just set Visible="False", like
this... (after id)
<asp:label id="lblStatus" visible="False"...>

This is what my OBJECT partially looks like...
<OBJECT id="MyActiveXControl" style="Z-INDEX: 104; LEFT: 200px; WIDTH:
132px; POSITION:..."
codeBase="http://MyPc/Download/cwui.ocx" classid="clsid:D940..."
name="MyActiveXControl" VIEWASTEXT>
<PARAM NAME="_Version" VALUE="393218">
:
:

Kevin Spencer

Add a runat=server attribute to the tag. Implement an HtmlGenericControl in
the CodeBehind to access it. Set the Visible property to False.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
http://www.takempis.com
Neither a follower nor a lender be.

VB Programmer

Would this work???...
1. In HTML, wrap the OBJECT (unmanaged ActiveX control) with a span. For
example...
<OBJECT id="MyActiveX"...>
<PARAM NAME="MyParam" VALUE="123">
:
</OBJECT>
2. In codebehind do: MySpan.Visible = False