Question: User control shows up at bottom / can't "draw" it

VB Programmer

I created a VB.NET user control which I now want to use in my ASP.NET
webform. The uc shows up fine in my toolbar, but when I click on it it goes
to the bottom of the form, rather than letting me 'draw' it. (Kind of like
what happens when you place a Timer control on a form, rather than a Text
Box control.)

Ideas?

Thanks!

VB Programmer

The only way to make my VB.NET user control show up in design time (on a
webform) is to make a "custom designer"?

If I don't make a custom designer and simply let it go to the bottom at
design time, will it sill show up fine in runtime?

Thanks!