    Thanks,
    Matt
    , Jul 9, 2003

  2. Python is a popular programming language. The program "c:\python2.1
    \Python.exe" is required to run applications written in Python, so it
    most likely was installed by something else.

    Check c:\python21\INSTALL.LOG if there is one, it should tell you the
    date and time it was installed, if that's any help.

    Regarding whether you can safely delete it or not...
    That depends on where it came from. If it is required by another program,
    that program will break if Python suddenly disappears.

    In itself it is not going to be causing problems, and no-one here is
    going to classify it as 'unecessary junk'! ;)

    I suggest you go to a tutorial and start learning Python :)
    If that doesn't interest you, try renaming the folder and using your PC
    for a while... if nothing you want to keep suddenly breaks then you can
    most likely safely remove it.

    Cheers,
    Simon.

    wrote in

    Simon Bayling, Jul 9, 2003

  3. Simon Bayling wrote:
    > I suggest you go to a tutorial and start learning Python :)
    > If that doesn't interest you, try renaming the folder and using your PC
    > for a while... if nothing you want to keep suddenly breaks then you can
    > most likely safely remove it.

    If your pc does still work ok having renamed it, I would rename it back to
    Python, and then try and run the uninstaller. This will remove any registry
    entries and file type associations.

    HTH,
    Andrew Wilkinson

    --
    Quiet! You'll miss the humorous conclusion
    Andrew Wilkinson, Jul 9, 2003