    open the files in there computer like My documents, My pictures,
    etc .. is any way to do that ! like link to there computer
    files ... is any way to do that !!!!!
    cookemx, Mar 17, 2007

  2. cookemx wrote:
    > i was wondering if is any html tag, that let people click on it and
    > open the files in there computer like My documents, My pictures,
    > etc .. is any way to do that ! like link to there computer
    > files ... is any way to do that !!!!!

    Now think about it, where would *their* 'My Documents' be located if
    they were *not* running Windows?

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Mar 17, 2007

  3. Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    > cookemx wrote:
    >> My documents, My pictures,
    >> etc .. is any way to do that ! like link to there computer
    >> files ... is any way to do that !!!!!

    > Now think about it, where would *their* 'My Documents' be located if
    > they were *not* running Windows?

    or if they are not English-speaking. On my computer it's called 'Meine
    Dokumente'.
    Just don't spend too much time thinking in such directions: "My
    Documents" are what it says: my documents and not yours.

    cheers
    bernhard

    --
    www.daszeichen.ch
    remove nixspam to reply
    Bernhard Sturm, Mar 17, 2007
  4. cookemx

    Ed Mullen Guest

    cookemx wrote:
    > i was wondering if is any html tag, that let people click on it and
    > open the files in there computer like My documents, My pictures,
    > etc .. is any way to do that ! like link to there computer
    > files ... is any way to do that !!!!!

    1. Put [file:///C:/] into the address bar

    2. Use File - Open and browse to a local file

    3. Create a local HTML doc and use a standard href link to the desired
    local resource, either a folder or a file

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Mar 17, 2007