question..?

cookemx

i was wondering if is any html tag, that let people click on it and
open the files in there computer like My documents, My pictures,
etc .. is any way to do that ! like link to there computer
files ... is any way to do that !!!!!

Jonathan N. Little

cookemx said:
i was wondering if is any html tag, that let people click on it and
open the files in there computer like My documents, My pictures,
etc .. is any way to do that ! like link to there computer
files ... is any way to do that !!!!!

Now think about it, where would *their* 'My Documents' be located if
they were *not* running Windows?

Bernhard Sturm

Jonathan said:
Now think about it, where would *their* 'My Documents' be located if
they were *not* running Windows?
or if they are not English-speaking. On my computer it's called 'Meine
Dokumente'.
Just don't spend too much time thinking in such directions: "My
Documents" are what it says: my documents and not yours.

cheers
bernhard

Ed Mullen

cookemx said:
i was wondering if is any html tag, that let people click on it and
open the files in there computer like My documents, My pictures,
etc .. is any way to do that ! like link to there computer
files ... is any way to do that !!!!!

1. Put [file:///C:/] into the address bar

2. Use File - Open and browse to a local file

3. Create a local HTML doc and use a standard href link to the desired
local resource, either a folder or a file