Questions about ASP.NET 2.0 Webparts

Sahil Malik [MVP C#]

I have a few Q's about ASP.NET 2.0 webparts -

1. Will these be easily upgradeable to the next version of sharepoint?
2. Is there an easy way for me to reuse any third party custom control
inside an existing webpart?
3. Is there a library of existing ASP.NET 2.0 webparts that I can use? Can
you point me to it?
4. Compared to Sharepoint 2003 - what will I be missing in ASP.NET 2.0
webparts? What do I gain?
5. Do these work in Netscape 7.x?

- Sahil Malik

Sahil Malik [MVP C#]

Isn't asking in a newsgroup "research" ?
And thanks for the help (Not)!

One more Q - How can I import an ASP.NET 2.0 Webpart into WSS SP2?

SM

Terry Burns

Well yes, it is research, but asking so many questions is a clear indication
you have not done much to answer your own questions. I dont think it's fair
to ask so many in one go.

As for Sharpoint, I dont have experience in the latest version, so I cant
help you unfortunately.

Good luck though.

Sahil Malik [MVP C#]

As it turns out, the answers to all these questions were no more than 1
liners. I did get the answers in a different NG, and posted them on my blog,
for someone else to benefit.

I did do the research, I was just super pressed on time to be doing this at
3 AM. Y'know big projects to start, architectural decisions I will get
blamed for afterwards .. that kinda stuff.

It's a tough job - what can I say.

SM