Questions about .disco and .vsdisco files

Robert Scheer

Hi.

I know the basics to create and consume a web service, but till now I
didn't understand exactly the benefits of the .vsdisco and .disco
files. I have some questions about them.

1)The .vsdisco files allows an application to discover what web
services are installed on a server, as I tested here. Is it not
dangerous? It seems that something is searching for certain files on
the web server.

2)In which situations a .vsdisco file or a .disco file is better than
add a reference to the exact .asmx file? I have made my references to
the .asmx files instead of the disco files.

Thanks for your time.

Robert Scheer