questions about rss2's cloud

Discussion in 'XML' started by yawnmoth, Mar 27, 2007.

  1. yawnmoth

    yawnmoth Guest

    According to <http://www.rssboard.org/rss-
    specification#ltcloudgtSubelementOfLtchannelgt>, "[cloud] specifies a
    web service that supports the rssCloud interface which can be
    implemented in HTTP-POST, XML-RPC or SOAP 1.1."

    According to <http://www.rssboard.org/rsscloud-interface#client>,
    though, you must use "the string "xml-rpc" if the client employs XML-
    RPC or "soap" for SOAP". So what if you want to use HTTP-POST? The
    first link implies that you can and the second implies that you
    can't...

    I'm also confused as to the point of the whole cloud interface. It
    sounds like it's supposed to an RSS feed that another RSS feed might
    link to?

    For example, eBay has RSS feeds for searches. Would an appropriate
    use of the cloud interface be to make each entry for each auction have
    link to the bidding history (which could also be an RSS feed)?

    ....or maybe I'm just misunderstanding the whole point?
    yawnmoth, Mar 27, 2007