    file without organizing the files manually. The windows will cover each
    other.

    Thanks a lot!

    littleneo, Oct 8, 2003

  2. littleneo wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Is there anybody know how to show the line number in the source code using
    > the editor of pythonWin?

    => View Click the Editor Tab and then set values for Line numbers and
    Folding.

    I use 36 and 20 respectively. It's best to experiment.
    Another problem is how to find the folder of a file
    > in the editor, since it only shows the file name. If I need to open several
    > files at the same time, if there is a convenient way to choose the needed
    > file without organizing the files manually. The windows will cover each
    > other.

    It might be helpful if the full path were given in the file's Title Bar.
    It is not.

    I suggest that typically one needs to work in one or two directories (1)
    that of the program being developed and, sometimes, the package being
    used by the program under development. Thus, it's probably not a big
    problem.

    Colin W.
    Colin W.

    Colin J. Williams, Oct 8, 2003

  3. littleneo

    Bob Gailer Guest

    Re: questions about using the editor of pythonWin--from a newcomer

    At 06:35 PM 10/7/2003, littleneo wrote:

    >Is there anybody know how to show the line number in the source code using
    >the editor of pythonWin?

    View->Options->Editor->Margin Widths->Line Numbers
    >[snip]

    Bob Gailer

    303 442 2625

    ---