Questions for BitTorrent's Author, Bram Cohen

Steve Holden

Hi:

Bram Cohen will be a keynoter at this year's PyCon, and has asked that
the presentation be in the form of an interview.

I'd like the questions to be representative of as broad a cross-section
of the Python community as possible. If you have a question you'd like
to hear Bram answer please let me know and I'll try to include them.

regards
Steve

Alex Martelli

Steve Holden said:
Bram Cohen will be a keynoter at this year's PyCon, and has asked that
the presentation be in the form of an interview.

I'd like the questions to be representative of as broad a cross-section
of the Python community as possible. If you have a question you'd like
to hear Bram answer please let me know and I'll try to include them.

OK, let me start this with a provocatory question...:

"Why Python? For the prototype, sure. But now that the protocol and
feature set have stabilized, surely you can get leaner and faster code
by redoing it all in C, can't you?"

Alex