Questions on altering Matt Kruse's calendar script

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by thegoodtimesarekillingme@gmail.com, Apr 4, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi.

    I'm looking to use Matt Kruse's calendar script to create a calendar
    that will automatically be written to a page. I don't need it to pop-up
    like he has it set.

    The test URL I have is as follows: http://conserveh2o.org/test_cal.htm

    I'm not sure what commands I need to use to get it to start calling
    functions to fill the table row below. Can anyone help?

    Also, does anyone know of any examples of a modified script that has a
    particular day which is highlighted/bolded showing that there is
    something happening on that day? So, when the highlighted/bolded day is
    clicked on, a pop-up comes up showing what activity is going on for
    that particular day. If there is nothing going on, the day will not be
    bold or highlighted.

    Thanks gang.

    , Apr 4, 2006

  2. Randy Webb Guest

    said the following on 4/3/2006 7:00 PM:
    > Hi.
    >
    > I'm looking to use Matt Kruse's calendar script to create a calendar
    > that will automatically be written to a page. I don't need it to pop-up
    > like he has it set.

    Have you asked Matt Kruse how to modify it?

    > The test URL I have is as follows: http://conserveh2o.org/test_cal.htm
    >
    > I'm not sure what commands I need to use to get it to start calling
    > functions to fill the table row below. Can anyone help?

    Yes, email Matt Kruse how to modify it. It is, after all, his code.

    <snip>

    > Thanks gang.

    Are we in LA or NY?

    --
    Randy

    Randy Webb, Apr 4, 2006

  3. Matt Kruse Guest

    wrote:
    > I'm looking to use Matt Kruse's calendar script to create a calendar
    > that will automatically be written to a page. I don't need it to
    > pop-up like he has it set.

    My script doesn't support a static in-page calendar. You can hack it if you
    want, but why? Just use one of the 10,000 other calendar solutions out there
    that support in-page display. :)

    > I'm not sure what commands I need to use to get it to start calling
    > functions to fill the table row below. Can anyone help?

    You could post in my support forum, btw. But I'd give you the same answer.

    > Also, does anyone know of any examples of a modified script that has a
    > particular day which is highlighted/bolded showing that there is
    > something happening on that day?

    Again, a feature that is not in the script. You're welcome to hack it in if
    you wish.

    --
    Matt Kruse
    http://www.JavascriptToolbox.com

    Matt Kruse, Apr 4, 2006
  4. JRS: In article <>
    , dated Mon, 3 Apr 2006 16:00:24 remote, seen in
    news:comp.lang.javascript, posted :

    >Also, does anyone know of any examples of a modified script that has a
    >particular day which is highlighted/bolded showing that there is
    >something happening on that day? So, when the highlighted/bolded day is
    >clicked on, a pop-up comes up showing what activity is going on for
    >that particular day. If there is nothing going on, the day will not be
    >bold or highlighted.

    Try reading the newsgroup FAQ before posting; see below. You should
    find an event picker at ja-date6.htm#EP to build upon.

    Dr John Stockton, Apr 4, 2006