questions to anyone who uses wxPython

damacy

hello. i'm using wxPython as my GUI package and whenever my program
executes a long process which takes at least 2 or 3 seconds, the user
interface gets corrupted while executing the progrocess during the
period.

i have tried the following lines of code...

frame = mainwindow(None, -1, 'my program')
frame.UpdateWindowUI()

and it did not make any difference at all.

could anyone help me?

Frank Millman

damacy said:
hello. i'm using wxPython as my GUI package and whenever my program
executes a long process which takes at least 2 or 3 seconds, the user
interface gets corrupted while executing the progrocess during the
period.

i have tried the following lines of code...

frame = mainwindow(None, -1, 'my program')
frame.UpdateWindowUI()

and it did not make any difference at all.

could anyone help me?

I don't really understand the question - what do you mean when you say
the user interface gets corrupted?

Nevertheless, the following pointer may help -

http://tinyurl.com/hj84l

It is an article in the wxPyWiki that discusses various ways of
handling longrunning tasks.

HTH

Frank Millman

daftspaniel

damacy said:
hello. i'm using wxPython as my GUI package and whenever my program
executes a long process which takes at least 2 or 3 seconds, the user
interface gets corrupted while executing the progrocess during the
period.

Hi Darnacy,

I had the same issue and used wxProcess to run the long process (in
this case a file copy) in a seperate process to the GUI

See src zip at :
http://www.latedecember.com/sites/software/LDBackup/

Thanks,
Davy Mitchell