    frame.UpdateWindowUI()

    and it did not make any difference at all.

    could anyone help me?
    damacy, Jul 20, 2006

  2. damacy wrote:
    > hello. i'm using wxPython as my GUI package and whenever my program
    > executes a long process which takes at least 2 or 3 seconds, the user
    > interface gets corrupted while executing the progrocess during the
    > period.
    >
    > i have tried the following lines of code...
    >
    > frame = mainwindow(None, -1, 'my program')
    > frame.UpdateWindowUI()
    >
    > and it did not make any difference at all.
    >
    > could anyone help me?

    I don't really understand the question - what do you mean when you say
    the user interface gets corrupted?

    Nevertheless, the following pointer may help -

    http://tinyurl.com/hj84l

    It is an article in the wxPyWiki that discusses various ways of
    handling longrunning tasks.

    HTH

    Frank Millman
    Frank Millman, Jul 20, 2006

  3. damacy

    Guest

    damacy wrote:
    > hello. i'm using wxPython as my GUI package and whenever my program
    > executes a long process which takes at least 2 or 3 seconds, the user
    > interface gets corrupted while executing the progrocess during the
    > period.

    Hi Darnacy,

    I had the same issue and used wxProcess to run the long process (in
    this case a file copy) in a seperate process to the GUI

    See src zip at :
    http://www.latedecember.com/sites/software/LDBackup/

    Thanks,
    Davy Mitchell