Questions with Device Update

Sara T.

If I use Windows 2003 Server (Web Edition), do I need to install any device
update from Microsoft? (Currently is device update 4)

After I install the Device Update, is it automatically genreate WML for
support the new model of mobile devices or I need to have some configuration
on web.config or machine.config?

And how can I know that what the version of Device Update on my machine is.

The last is when Microsoft will announe the new version of Device UPdate
because at this moment mobiles have often released new models.

Sara T.

Jean-Luc David [MS-MVP]

Hi Sara,

You don't really need to know what update you have installed
on your server. The device updates are cumulative - if you
install Device Update 4 you will be completely up to date.

Here is the current list of supported devices:
http://www.asp.net/mobile/testeddevices.aspx?tabindex=6

Here is a great resource for creating custom filters & controls:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/mwsdk/html/mworiMobileCapabilities.asp

You may also want to look at this article on Device Profiling:
http://www.asp.net/mobile/profile/help.htm

..NET Mobile will generate WML for WAP enabled devices
as long as it can recognize the device. No word yet on when
MS will release DU5.

Thanks,
Jean-Luc David
Microsoft .NET MVP