    The last is when Microsoft will announe the new version of Device UPdate
    because at this moment mobiles have often released new models.

    Sara T.

    Sara T., Jul 17, 2004

  2. Hi Sara,

    You don't really need to know what update you have installed
    on your server. The device updates are cumulative - if you
    install Device Update 4 you will be completely up to date.

    Here is the current list of supported devices:
    http://www.asp.net/mobile/testeddevices.aspx?tabindex=6

    Here is a great resource for creating custom filters & controls:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/mwsdk/html/mworiMobileCapabilities.asp

    You may also want to look at this article on Device Profiling:
    http://www.asp.net/mobile/profile/help.htm

    ..NET Mobile will generate WML for WAP enabled devices
    as long as it can recognize the device. No word yet on when
    MS will release DU5.

    Thanks,
    Jean-Luc David
    Microsoft .NET MVP

    http://www.stormpixel.com
    http://weblogs.asp.net/jld/

    Jean-Luc David [MS-MVP], Jul 27, 2004

  3. Sara T.

    Sara T. Guest

    I just need to know what the version of Device Update on my machine is. It
    is waste the time and make the machine unstable when reinstall the old path.
    If I use Windows 2003, need I install device update 4?

    Sara T.

    Sara T., Jul 30, 2004
  4. Hi Sara,

    Windows Server 2003 comes with the .NET Framework v.1.1
    You don't need to know what DU version is currently installed on
    your system. Just install DU4 to bring your system up to date. The
    update should not destabilize your server - it simply adds device
    references into your machine.config file.

    The following link has a full explanation of the process:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/mobility/...asp.netmc/mobileweb/instructions/default.aspx

    Thanks,
    Jean-Luc David
    Microsoft .NET MVP