    extensive help.

    --
    My music - http://www.teatime.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

    Mr. Teatime, Jun 29, 2004

  2. Mr. Teatime

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <2kaEc.5661$>,
    says...
    > If you go to my site (linked in signature), click on the music section, does
    > it load with the...

    Collapsed

    They are aligned
    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com

    Whitecrest, Jun 29, 2004

  3. Mr. Teatime

    Mr. Teatime Guest

    "Whitecrest" <> wrote in message
    > In article <2kaEc.5661$>,
    > says...
    > > If you go to my site (linked in signature), click on the music section,

    does
    > > it load with the...

    > Collapsed
    >
    > They are aligned

    For some people they display collapsed, but for others, like myself and a
    few others I've spoken to, they load expanded (but the script still works),
    and I was wondering if anyone could help with sorting that out.
    And as for aligning, they look aligned but they're not, I'd much rather have
    a table like function that gets them exactly in line, rather than using
    manual spaces to align them... if anyone could help with that (for some
    reason I can't seem to insert a table next to the 'More Information' text,
    it always comes on the line below which I don't want). TIA.

    --
    My music - http://www.teatime.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

    Mr. Teatime, Jun 29, 2004
  4. Mr. Teatime

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <34bEc.5685$>,
    says...
    > And as for aligning, they look aligned but they're not...

    If they "look" aligned, how would your visitor tell they weren't?
    Especially since alignment is visual.

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com

    Whitecrest, Jun 29, 2004
  5. Mr. Teatime

    Els Guest

    Whitecrest wrote:

    > In article
    > <34bEc.5685$>,
    > says...
    >> And as for aligning, they look aligned but they're not...

    > If they "look" aligned, how would your visitor tell they
    > weren't? Especially since alignment is visual.

    Cause he's using &nbsp;, any change in font settings will change
    the alignment. Plus it isn't very nice markup using &nbsp;'s.

    --
    Els
    http://locusmeus.com/

    Els, Jun 29, 2004
  6. Mr. Teatime

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <Xns951784C0CE097Els@130.133.1.4>,
    says...
    > > If they "look" aligned, how would your visitor tell they
    > > weren't? Especially since alignment is visual.

    > Cause he's using &nbsp;, any change in font settings will change
    > the alignment. Plus it isn't very nice markup using &nbsp;'s.

    I hardly have enough time to change the fonts on my own pages let
    alone on someone elses....
    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com

    Whitecrest, Jun 29, 2004
  7. Mr. Teatime

    Els Guest

    Whitecrest wrote:

    > In article <Xns951784C0CE097Els@130.133.1.4>,
    > says...
    >> > If they "look" aligned, how would your visitor tell they
    >> > weren't? Especially since alignment is visual.

    >> Cause he's using &nbsp;, any change in font settings will
    >> change the alignment. Plus it isn't very nice markup using
    >> &nbsp;'s.

    > I hardly have enough time to change the fonts on my own
    > pages let alone on someone elses....

    Some people have their browsers set to use a font they like.
    Besides, I think it calls for a table anyway, no need for
    &nbsp;'s at all. It's tabular data, or at least I like to think
    so.

    --
    Els
    http://locusmeus.com/

    Els, Jun 29, 2004
  8. Mr. Teatime

    rf Guest

    "Els" <> wrote in message
    > Whitecrest wrote:
    >
    > > If they "look" aligned, how would your visitor tell they
    > > weren't? Especially since alignment is visual.

    > Cause he's using &nbsp;, any change in font settings will change
    > the alignment.

    Nope. If he has managed to [roughly] align them with &nbsp;s on *his* system
    then any change in font size will not have a large effect. Each glyph will
    expand and contract proportionally leaving the "columns" roughly aligned.
    There will be a small shift as the font rastifier rounds to the nearest
    pixel but that won't really be noticable. More noticable would be the fact
    that one can not align columns using spaces to start with (spaces being n
    pixels wide), unless one is using a monospaced font.

    A change of font *face* will cause dramatic effects.

    > Plus it isn't very nice markup using &nbsp;'s.

    True.

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Jun 29, 2004
  9. Mr. Teatime

    Els Guest

    rf wrote:

    > "Els" <> wrote in message
    >> Whitecrest wrote:
    >>
    >> > If they "look" aligned, how would your visitor tell they
    >> > weren't? Especially since alignment is visual.

    >> Cause he's using &nbsp;, any change in font settings will
    >> change the alignment.

    > Nope. If he has managed to [roughly] align them with
    > &nbsp;s on *his* system then any change in font size will
    > not have a large effect. Each glyph will expand and
    > contract proportionally leaving the "columns" roughly
    > aligned. There will be a small shift as the font rastifier
    > rounds to the nearest pixel but that won't really be
    > noticable. More noticable would be the fact that one can
    > not align columns using spaces to start with (spaces being
    > n pixels wide), unless one is using a monospaced font.
    >
    > A change of font *face* will cause dramatic effects.

    True, that's why I used the words 'font settings' and not
    font-size. I should not have said 'any change' though, as this
    could possibly mean just the size ;-)

    --
    Els
    http://locusmeus.com/

    Els, Jun 29, 2004
  10. Mr. Teatime

    Mr. Teatime Guest

    Is there an alternative to &nbsp?
    I tried to put a table in for each track, but I can only ever get it to
    display on the line below 'more information', not alongside it (to get the
    equivalent visual effect to the way it is now).

    --
    My music - http://www.teatime.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

    Mr. Teatime, Jun 29, 2004
  11. Mr. Teatime

    Els Guest

    Mr. Teatime wrote:

    > Is there an alternative to &nbsp?
    > I tried to put a table in for each track, but I can only
    > ever get it to display on the line below 'more
    > information', not alongside it (to get the equivalent
    > visual effect to the way it is now).

    Haven't looked at that code, but I'd say the 'more information'
    part has to into the same table. One table for all those tracks.

    --
    Els
    http://locusmeus.com/

    Els, Jun 29, 2004
  12. Mr. Teatime

    Mr. Teatime Guest

    "Mr. Teatime" <> wrote in message
    > Is there an alternative to &nbsp?
    > I tried to put a table in for each track, but I can only ever get it to
    > display on the line below 'more information', not alongside it (to get the
    > equivalent visual effect to the way it is now).
    >
    > --
    > My music - http://www.teatime.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

    I've cleaned up the code a bit more. I still have the problem with the music
    tracks being expanded on my browser. There are also some </span> tags in the
    code that I'm not sure are serving any purpose, they're something to do with
    the CSS aren't they, but I can't see what they're doing, especially on the
    links part of the page.

    --
    My music - http://www.teatime.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

    Mr. Teatime, Jun 29, 2004