Quick deployment question

Simon Harvey

Hi chaps,

I have a little problem that I need to clear up before I deploy a site. Its
to do with a COM component.

On my development machine, the site compiles fine. The development machine
has the COM component registered.

The server, also has the COM component registered, but the location of the
actual dll is different.

I'm wondering if, when we deploy the site, will it still work. Will the COM
component be found? If this wont work, can anyone suggest what I need to do
to fix it

Thanks everyone

Simon

Guest

Hi,

As long as the COM component is registered it will be found irrespective of the location where it is stored.

Regards,
-am