Quick favor for owners of The C++ Programming Language

Evan

There's an explanation in this book of why
extern "C" <blah>;
is not necessarily the same as
extern "C" { <blah>; }

(For the curious, if <blah> on its own is a definition, the former is a
declaration and the latter is a definition. The reason for the former
is 'extern "C" <blah>' would then be a declaration, so sticking the
linkage in there shouldn't change it. At the same time, surrounding a
file with extern "C" shouldn't change its semantics besides linkage and
stuff like overloading.)

I want to cite that description in a paper, but I'm at home and didn't
bring my copy of TC++PL with me. Can someone who has it look up the
page number? It's *really* easy to find from looking up extern "C" in
the index. Make sure you give me the edition you're using.

Thanks,
Evan

Yahooooooooo

Search for "The C++ Programming Language pdf" in google....
And always you have the online reference
:)

Mikhail Sah

Yahooooooooo said:
Search for "The C++ Programming Language pdf" in google....
And always you have the online reference
:)

neyonuo nuoe online ref online ref

fungus

Yahooooooooo said:
Search for "The C++ Programming Language pdf" in google....
And always you have the online reference
:)

Cool!

It even has the same page numbers as the book.

--
<\___/>
/ O O \

We’re judging how a candidate will handle a nuclear
crisis by how well his staff creates campaign ads.
It’s a completely nonsensical process.

Evan

Yahooooooooo said:
Search for "The C++ Programming Language pdf" in google....
And always you have the online reference
:)

Hey, thanks. That's pretty useful.

(Sorry Bjarne, but I do assure you that I've got a nice hardcopy copy
back at my apartment, but I flew home for the holidays and it's sorta
big and heavy for air travel if I wasn't sure if it would be useful.
;-))

Evan

MPA

Yahooooooooo said:
Search for "The C++ Programming Language pdf" in google....
And always you have the online reference
:)

Holy crap! Is that legal? Does Dr Stroustrup know about this?