    for this.

    Any help/info would be greatly appreciated.

    thanks.
    winderjj, Jul 30, 2003

  2. "winderjj" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I need everyones opinion. I am very new to XML but am temporarily
    > putting all my efforts into using it. This is what I need to do.
    >
    > Write an xml parser (in C) that will parse a fairly complicated XML
    > file that is full of technical data(most scalar values). Then I need
    > to store all the info in a C structure. Could some people give me
    > their opinion. Which is better suited for this, Expat or LT xml?
    >
    > I would also like to be able to validate the XML file against the DTD.
    > Would one of these be able to do this? I noticed RXP might be good
    > for this.
    >
    > Any help/info would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > thanks.

    If you must validate, RXP/LT might be only choice for C, I'm not absolutely
    sure... check
    http://www.xmlsoftware.com/parsers.html
    for example.

    You might also give a try to Parsifal if you don't need validation and can
    live with UTF-8/latin characters, API is somewhat easier to use than Expat.
    JUdge for yourself.

    Toni Uusitalo
    Toni Uusitalo, Jul 30, 2003

  3. THanks everyone. I really appreciate the feedback.

    After posting that first message I made alot more progress. I did
    decide to use libxml for my parsing needs. I did some investigation of
    discoved the api is much more friends and there is some good
    documentation.

    I also began to fool around with RXP. I finally got is to validate some
    simple XML files against a DTD. All I need is to run it before starting
    up my system. Just to validate the data.

    thanks for the comments. Am I making sense?

    John Winderbaum, Jul 30, 2003
  4. "Toni Uusitalo" <> wrote in message

    > If you must validate, RXP/LT might be only choice for C, I'm not

    absolutely
    > sure... check
    > http://www.xmlsoftware.com/parsers.html
    > for example.
    >
    > You might also give a try to Parsifal if you don't need validation and can
    > live with UTF-8/latin characters, API is somewhat easier to use than

    Expat.
    > JUdge for yourself.
    >
    > Toni Uusitalo

    silly me, I forgot libxml! That must be the most active and forked XML api
    for C.

    Toni Uusitalo
    Toni Uusitalo, Jul 30, 2003