Quick Question - Newby Question

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?UnlhbiBTbWl0aA==?=, Feb 14, 2005.

  1. I have a code behind VB app that I have developed and am trying to place in a
    subfolder of a website that I have. I run the app on my dev box fine with no
    errors but when I upload it to the directory and put the .dll in the root
    directory's bin folder I receive the followinng error message. Any idea?

    Server Error in '/beta' Application

    Parser Error

    Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'OnlineApp.apply'.

    Source Error:

    Line 1: <%@ Page CodeBehind="apply.aspx.vb" Language="vb"
    AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="OnlineApp.apply" %>
    Line 2: <HTML>
    Line 3: <HEAD>

    Source File: D:\Web\beta\apply.aspx Line: 1

    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET
    Version:1.1.4322.2032

    =?Utf-8?B?UnlhbiBTbWl0aA==?=, Feb 14, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UnlhbiBTbWl0aA==?=

    Scott Allen Guest

    The type "OnlineApp.apply" has to be in the assembly (.dll file) that
    your ASP.NET project builds.

    Are you saying OnlineApp.apply is a seperate executable that you want
    to run? If so, I think you are looking to do an "HREF EXE" deployment:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...commonlanguageruntimeapplicationusingie55.asp

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/

    Scott Allen, Feb 14, 2005

  3. Scott - thank you for your reply - I have the OnlineApp.apply compiled as
    OnlineApp.dll and placed in the bin folder of the root directory of the site.
    The contents of the app (aspx files, etc.) are located in a child folder and
    i am unsure if this is causing the problem.

    =?Utf-8?B?UnlhbiBTbWl0aA==?=, Feb 15, 2005
  4. If the "child folder" is declared as an Application,
    or as a Virtual Directory, the place to put the
    OnlineApp.dll is in the /bin directory of the child folder.

    If the "child folder" is *not* an Application or a Virtual dir,
    then the /bin directory off of wwwroot should work.

    Juan T. Llibre
    ASP.NET MVP
    http://asp.net.do/foros/
    Foros de ASP.NET en EspaƱol
    =====================

    Juan T. Llibre, Feb 15, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?UnlhbiBTbWl0aA==?=

    Iain Norman Guest

    <> wrote:

    >I have a code behind VB app that I have developed and am trying to place in a
    >subfolder of a website that I have. I run the app on my dev box fine with no
    >errors but when I upload it to the directory and put the .dll in the root
    >directory's bin folder I receive the followinng error message. Any idea?
    >
    >Server Error in '/beta' Application.
    >
    >Parser Error
    >service this request. Please review the following specific parse error
    >details and modify your source file appropriately.
    >
    >Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'OnlineApp.apply'.
    >
    >Source Error:
    >

    >Line 1: <%@ Page CodeBehind="apply.aspx.vb" Language="vb"
    >AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="OnlineApp.apply" %>
    >Line 2: <HTML>
    >Line 3: <HEAD>
    >

    >Source File: D:\Web\beta\apply.aspx Line: 1

    >Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET
    >Version:1.1.4322.2032

    Error in /beta Application it says, that means the beta folder is an
    app and the dll needs to be in /beta/bin

    Cheers

    --
    Iain Norman | http://www.eliteforum.org

    Iain Norman, Feb 16, 2005