Quick Question - Newby Question

Guest

I have a code behind VB app that I have developed and am trying to place in a
subfolder of a website that I have. I run the app on my dev box fine with no
errors but when I upload it to the directory and put the .dll in the root
directory's bin folder I receive the followinng error message. Any idea?

Server Error in '/beta' Application

Parser Error

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'OnlineApp.apply'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Page CodeBehind="apply.aspx.vb" Language="vb"
AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="OnlineApp.apply" %>
Line 2: <HTML>
Line 3: <HEAD>

Source File: D:\Web\beta\apply.aspx Line: 1

Guest

Scott - thank you for your reply - I have the OnlineApp.apply compiled as
OnlineApp.dll and placed in the bin folder of the root directory of the site.
The contents of the app (aspx files, etc.) are located in a child folder and
i am unsure if this is causing the problem.

Scott Allen said:
The type "OnlineApp.apply" has to be in the assembly (.dll file) that
your ASP.NET project builds.

Are you saying OnlineApp.apply is a seperate executable that you want
to run? If so, I think you are looking to do an "HREF EXE" deployment:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...commonlanguageruntimeapplicationusingie55.asp

Juan T. Llibre

If the "child folder" is declared as an Application,
or as a Virtual Directory, the place to put the
OnlineApp.dll is in the /bin directory of the child folder.

If the "child folder" is *not* an Application or a Virtual dir,
then the /bin directory off of wwwroot should work.

Ryan Smith said:
Scott - thank you for your reply - I have the OnlineApp.apply compiled as
OnlineApp.dll and placed in the bin folder of the root directory of the
site.
The contents of the app (aspx files, etc.) are located in a child folder
and
i am unsure if this is causing the problem.

Iain Norman

I have a code behind VB app that I have developed and am trying to place in a
subfolder of a website that I have. I run the app on my dev box fine with no
errors but when I upload it to the directory and put the .dll in the root
directory's bin folder I receive the followinng error message. Any idea?

Server Error in '/beta' Application.

Parser Error

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'OnlineApp.apply'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Page CodeBehind="apply.aspx.vb" Language="vb"
AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="OnlineApp.apply" %>
Line 2: <HTML>
Line 3: <HEAD>

Source File: D:\Web\beta\apply.aspx Line: 1

Error in /beta Application it says, that means the beta folder is an
app and the dll needs to be in /beta/bin

Cheers