Quickbooks gem

Eduardo Blumenfeld

Hi everyone,

Has anyone have any recent notice about www.behindlogic.com - the author
of the
quickbooks gem?

The gem seems to be a great tool for the job of comunicating with
quickbooks from a ruby aplication.

However what I see is that the last entry in the blog is from february
28th, 2010.

The other point is that it seems not to work with IronRuby.

Thank you in advance for any advice you can give me...

Regards,

Eduardo Blumenfeld

Charles Calvert

Has anyone have any recent notice about www.behindlogic.com -
the author of the quickbooks gem?
[snip]

However what I see is that the last entry in the blog is from
february 28th, 2010.

It looks like his last tweet was in April 2010 and his last update to
his github account was May 14, 2010. The github account lists an
email address that you could use to contact him (not posted here to
avoid feeding the spambots).

Eduardo Blumenfeld

Charles, you are right.
Microsoft lost interest in promoting Dynamic Languages (to a point),
however
the idea of IronRuby has a lot of potential.

Anyways, this issue is off-topic.

Going back to Quickbooks gem, I can still get it, paying for it
obviously...

Thanks in advance...

Eduardo Blumenfeld

Eduardo Blumenfeld

Charles,
Actually Mine was a question:
Can I still get the gem by paying it?

Regarding that, a gem, as far as I know, is a collection of .rb files,
so the source is there...

Thank you,

Eduardo Blumenfeld

Charles Calvert

Actually Mine was a question:
Can I still get the gem by paying it?

Don't know, actually. I suppose it depends on whether the purchasing
of the gem is automated or if not, whether someone is processing
purchases.
Regarding that, a gem, as far as I know, is a collection of .rb files,
so the source is there...

Haven't dug into gems yet (other than using them), so I didn't know
that, but thanks. :)