    Thank you in advance for any advice you can give me...

    Regards,

    Eduardo Blumenfeld

    Eduardo Blumenfeld, Aug 22, 2010

  2. Has anyone have a hint?

    Thank you,

    Eduardo Blumenfeld

    Eduardo Blumenfeld, Aug 23, 2010

  3. On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 15:21:31 -0500, Eduardo Blumenfeld
    <> wrote in
    <>:

    > Has anyone have any recent notice about www.behindlogic.com -
    > the author of the quickbooks gem?

    [snip]

    > However what I see is that the last entry in the blog is from
    > february 28th, 2010.

    It looks like his last tweet was in April 2010 and his last update to
    his github account was May 14, 2010. The github account lists an
    email address that you could use to contact him (not posted here to
    avoid feeding the spambots).
    --
    Charles Calvert
    Moderator - alt.computer.consultants.moderated

    Charles Calvert, Aug 23, 2010
  4. Suraj Kurapati, Aug 23, 2010
  5. Eduardo Blumenfeld

    Cody Fauser Guest

    Unfortunately Daniel Parker, author of the Quickbooks gem, passed away
    in a tragic bicycle accident:
    http://continuousthinking.com/2010/5/17/daniel-parker-accident

    On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 4:21 PM, Eduardo Blumenfeld
    <> wrote:
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > Has anyone have any recent notice about www.behindlogic.com - the author
    > of the
    > quickbooks gem?
    >
    > The gem seems to be a great tool for the job of comunicating with
    > quickbooks from a ruby aplication.
    >
    > However what I see is that the last entry in the blog is from february
    > 28th, 2010.
    >
    > The other point is that it seems not to work with IronRuby.
    >
    > Thank you in advance for any advice you can give me...
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Eduardo Blumenfeld

    Cody Fauser
    http://shopify.com - e-commerce done right
    http://www.codyfauser.com - blog
    http://peepcode.com/products/activemerchant-pdf - ActiveMerchant PeepCode

    Cody Fauser, Aug 23, 2010
  6. It is sad to hear that, specially being so young (23 years old!!!)

    Would it help someone in his family if we buy the ruby gem from his
    web-site?

    Thank you for the quick answer.

    Eduardo Blumenfeld, Aug 23, 2010
  7. On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 15:17:28 -0500, Suraj Kurapati <>
    wrote in <>:

    >Eduardo Blumenfeld wrote:
    >> The other point is that it seems not to work with IronRuby.

    >IronRuby is no longer developed or supported by Microsoft:
    >
    >http://blog.jimmy.schementi.com/2010/08/start-spreading-news-future-of-jimmy.html

    Note that the key phrase here is "by Microsoft". The project is still
    alive. The blog author indicated that he and his former coworker
    would continue working on it, just not full-time. You can also see
    activity here: <http://ironruby.net/Special:Recentchanges>.

    Charles Calvert, Aug 24, 2010
  8. Charles, you are right.
    Microsoft lost interest in promoting Dynamic Languages (to a point),
    however
    the idea of IronRuby has a lot of potential.

    Anyways, this issue is off-topic.

    Going back to Quickbooks gem, I can still get it, paying for it
    obviously...

    Thanks in advance...

    Eduardo Blumenfeld

    Eduardo Blumenfeld, Aug 25, 2010
  9. On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 10:33:51 -0500, Eduardo Blumenfeld
    <> wrote in
    <>:

    >Going back to Quickbooks gem, I can still get it, paying for it
    >obviously...

    Out of curiosity, does it come with source?

    Charles Calvert, Aug 25, 2010
  10. Charles,
    Actually Mine was a question:
    Can I still get the gem by paying it?

    Regarding that, a gem, as far as I know, is a collection of .rb files,
    so the source is there...

    Thank you,

    Eduardo Blumenfeld

    Eduardo Blumenfeld, Aug 25, 2010
  11. On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 14:31:02 -0500, Eduardo Blumenfeld
    <> wrote in
    <>:

    >Actually Mine was a question:
    >Can I still get the gem by paying it?

    Don't know, actually. I suppose it depends on whether the purchasing
    of the gem is automated or if not, whether someone is processing
    purchases.

    >Regarding that, a gem, as far as I know, is a collection of .rb files,
    >so the source is there...

    Haven't dug into gems yet (other than using them), so I didn't know
    that, but thanks. :)

    Charles Calvert, Aug 26, 2010