quickest way to upgrade war in tomcat

joseph conrad

Hi ,
I try to find out the best way to upgrade a web app in Tomcat 5.0.28
I would like to upgrade the context without restarting the container

* if I drop the file in the webapps, it won't refresh the application,
even if I set reload=true from the admin app.
* if I upload the file from the manager app, it says 'application
already exist'
* if I undeploy the app first from the manager, it delete the context
datasources as well.
datasources are configured the first tinme from the admin web app

which is the best way to proceed?
many thanks
jc